Tuesday 25 November 2014

Multi-Device Hybrid Applications - Upgrading to CTP3

To upgrade to CTP 3 you need to first uninstall CTP 2.

To uninstall:

Step 1
  • Open Visual Studio 2013
  • Select Tools > Extensions and Updates,  "Multi-Device Hybrid Apps for Visual Studio"
  • Click Uninstall
Step 2
  • Open Programs and Features
  • Search for "Multi Device...
  • Right Click Uninstall
Step 3

Follow the steps in this Microsoft KB.

Finally CTP 2 is gone...

You should now be able to install CTP 3.

Just a note about the uninstall process.  On my work machine I uninstalled from within Visual Studio 2013 only and then upgraded to Visual Studio 2013 update 4.  I then tried to install CTP 3 and was prompted to remove CTP 2.  I tried to remove CTP 2 via Programs and Features and then had to follow the steps in the KB.  On my home machine, I followed Steps 1 and 2 above and CTP 2 uninstalled properly the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment